We exist to make disciples of Jesus because that’s what Jesus explicitly commanded us to do. A disciple is someone who is committed to following Jesus, being formed by Jesus, and faithfully joining the mission of Jesus.Our goal isn’t to draw crowds, preserve traditions, or function like a religious social club. Our shared purpose is to recruit, equip, and deploy thousands of Jesus’ disciples for the glory of God. Jesus is the head of this church and we believe that he is calling us to be courageous and sacrificial in reaching beyond ourselves to advance his Kingdom. Rather than build a kingdom for ourselves by utilizing human wisdom, we want to collectively surrender to his lordship and depend on his power and guidance.
Jesus is transforming lives through Harpeth Christian Church every day. God is breaking down strongholds through Celebrate Recovery. Our students and kids are growing up to trust and follow Jesus. Our partnership with GraceWorks shows God’s mercy to our neighbors in need. People are forming grace-saturated, life-changing, Christ-centered friendships in Home Groups. Marriages are being strengthened through the newly formed Marriage Ministry.
Our Sunday services are designed to be a springboard for people to continue in a lifestyle of worship all week long. Our commitment to the Bible is unwavering. We proclaim the Word of God without compromise or fear. Our hope is that people would be set free as they hear unvarnished biblical truth presented in loving ways. Day-to-day growth also happens through encouragement, Bible studies, counseling, prayer, fellowship and acts of service.
We discern that God is actively turning the hearts of church leaders in America toward biblical discipleship. By God’s grace, we are stepping up as a missionary church helping lead this movement. We are burdened, yet hopeful about the state of the church in America, and we want to play a role in God’s future for all of us. In the near future, we envision…
- Harpeth leadership is guiding an annual national conference on discipleship.
- We are blessing discipleship efforts throughout the country through resources found on Discipleship.org, a ministry of this church.
- We are helping church leaders and churches around the country to make the transition to a discipleship first focus.
- We are helping plant new churches every year.
We are impacting the national Christian community by promoting the simplest and most reproducible practices that make discipleship an everyday reality.
We are intentionally making sacrifices to join God in his work in other countries. As a church we commit a significant part of our budget to international missions, because we are passionate about transforming this world with the justice and mercy of Jesus Christ. We send teams of people to other countries to share the gospel and change lives every year.
- A national mission presence in Uganda supporting J.P. & Jill Robinson in Mbale
- Church planting and widow care movement in Sierra Leone
- Support of The Raining Season that cares for 300+ orphaned children in Sierra Leone
- Church planting and orphan care in Central America